Relieve Shoulder and Neck Pain
In this short video Australian Feldenkrais Physiotherapist Jodie Krantz demonstrates a flowing sequence of movements that help you discover feel how the neck, shoulders and chest can function in a more integrated and harmonious way, to bring relief of pain and stiffness.
Shoulder and neck pain can be very debilitating and is often related to loss of mobility of your chest and rib cage.
When practicing Feldenkrais exercises here are a few useful tips to increase both the effectiveness and safety of the exercises.
1. Move slowly and smoothy and keep the movements small
2. Do less than you know you can do safely (especially if you have pain)
3. Reduce the effort, let go of tension in your belly, face, eyes, jaw
4. Continue to breathe gently and evenly throughout
5. Watch the whole video through once before attempting the exercises yourself.
WARNING: Always seek the advice of a medical professional before beginning any new exercise programme or attempting any of the exercises in Free2Move videos. All information on this website and in our associated videos is provided as a guide only and not intended to replace treatment or personal advice from a medical professional.
Jodie Krantz, Free2Move Physiotherapy and it’s owner, employees and contractors are not liable for any injuries sustained or damage to property arising from a person or persons participating in Free2Move exercise programmes or following our online exercise videos.