Clinical Pilates Instructor
Jodie Krantz is a qualified Physiotherapist, Feldenkrais Practitioner and Clinical Pilates Instructor. When Jodie founded Free2Move in 2001, her aim was to provide a high quality and caring service. To this purpose she has kept the practice small and hand-picked her staff for their exceptional skills as well as their personal qualities.
Jodie has over 25 years’ experience in assisting people to relieve chronic pain. No matter how complex or difficult the problem, Jodie finds a way to untangle it. She believes that exercise and a healthy lifestyle are essential to the recovery process. Educating people to better understand the causes of ongoing or recurrent pain is of primary importance to her.
Jodie believes that there are a number of crucial steps to overcoming chronic pain:
- Understanding the problem
- Creating a wholistic recovery plan
- Retraining movement
- Reducing stress and tension
- Improving physical fitness
- Developing self-management skills
Jodie has a wide repertoire of different approaches to treatment. As well as Feldenkrais and Pilates Jodie uses conventional hands-on Physiotherapy, Trigger Point Dry Needling (a form of Acupuncture) and Low Level Laser Therapy.
A valuable part of Jodie’s work experience was the 7 years she taught the Feldenkrais Method for the Bunbury Pain Management Programme. The programme was run by St John of God Hospital. This is where Jodie refined her skills and developed effective ways to work with chronic pain.
Jodie served on the committee of the Australian Feldenkrais Guild for 8 years. This included 2 years as president of the WA division. She has presented numerous workshops and training programmes to the general public, businesses and her Physiotherapy and Feldenkrais colleagues.
“Over the years I have had the privilege of working with a wide variety of people from all walks of life. People are the reason I love my job and it’s my absolute pleasure to be able to make a difference to the lives of others. I seriously feel I have the best job in the world.”
- Bachelor of Applied Science in Physiotherapy (1987) from Curtin University and is a registered Australian Physiotherapist.
- Certified Feldenkrais Practitioner and completed her 4 year training in the first Feldenkrais Professional Training Programme to be run in Perth, Western Australia in 1999.
- Qualified in Clinical Pilates (Level 4) with DMA Clinical Pilates and has been teaching Pilates Studio and Floor classes since 2005.
- Registered with Australian Health Practitioners Registration Association (AHPRA)
- Member of the Australian Feldenkrais Guild. Former president and chairperson of the West Australian Division.