Clinical Pilates with an Experienced Physiotherapist
Are you tired of pain limiting your ability to exercise? Our programmes specifically address pain, movement difficulties and medical problems such as back pain, neck pain, headaches and arthritis. All sessions are run by qualified and highly experienced physiotherapists. Individual sessions are claimable through private health insurance.
At your initial assessment your physio will help you decide which programme best meets your needs.
- Simple problems – Group Pilates Classes
- Complex problems – Clinical Pilates Individual Programme
Clinical Pilates Individual Programme
- Start with a detailed 40 minute assessment with one of our experienced Pilates Physiotherapists
- We then develop a customised treatment programme which includes exercises based on Pilates
- Attend individual sessions in our fully equipped Studio – treatment plus exercise
- Learn therapeutic use of large Pilates equipment safely – Reformers, Trapeze Table and Wunda Chair
- Practice the exercises under the continuous supervision of your Physio
- A simple home exercise programme helps you improve more quickly
- Progress to Independent Pilates Practice in our Studio with occasional reviews from your physio or move to our Group Pilates Classes once you have improved
Private Health Insurance Ruling
Please note that new government legislation prevents health insurance companies from giving rebates for Clinical Pilates. Individual appointments are only claimable if Pilates if it is clinically indicated as part of your overall physiotherapy treatment. Classes will no longer be claimable from 1st April 2019. Some health funds introduced changes on 1st January 2019. Information about the new ruling can be found here.
More about Pilates
What is Clinical Pilates? Pilates is an exercise system, which helps improve posture, strength, flexibility and core stability. It is named after its inventor, Joseph Pilates (pronounced pi-lah-tees), a physical trainer who worked in an internment camp during World War I and helped to rehabilitate returned soldiers.
Please refer to our timetable to get class times for all terms.